Bring a Buddy!
We have introduced a new incentive to receive more chips at league night. If you Bring a Buddy to a new location you will start with a double stack as a BONUS. This incentive will run for regular league nights in the winter quarter from January 1st through March 31st.
- *The Buddy must be a NEW player who is NOT on the active roster.
- *Regular season events only.
- *Once a player has played a regular league night at the bar he/she can no longer be counted as a new player.
- *Maximum bonus is a double chip stack for a single nightly event.
- *In the case where the "new" player has played in the league somewhere before, but not at the bar in question, they can be counted as a new player.
Matt Wolff's Lucky Streak Continues
In case you missed it over the weekend on our facebook page, Matt Wolff from Willmar, MN lucky streak continued. At his regional he received a scratch card and proceeded to scratch off a straight flush. This qualifies Matt for the National Championship and is the third time he won this way. Last promotion Matt was the first person ever to scratch off a Royal Flush with an A-10 of hearts. This past weekend he almost did it again, Matt had the A, Q, J, 10, 9, and 8 of hearts missing out on another royal flush by not finding the king. However, the Q-8 was good enough to earn him $200 and a spot in the National Championship in Las Vegas this summer. A couple years ago Matt was also lucky enough to find four of a kind to qualify him as well for a National Championship.
If you are not following us on Facebook you should be, www.facebook.com/freepokernetwork
John Rottman Finds Winning Gamecard
John Rottman from Maple Grove, MN found the first direct to Nationals winning gamecard. John received his winning gamecard at the Blue Fox Bar in Arden Hills, MN. There are a handful that were sent out at the beginning of the promotion. Each gamecard has a code on it and select few have special code that will qualify the person that enters it directly into the National finals this summer. Way to go John and make sure you use your gamecards as you could be as lucky as John and qualify directly for the National Championship.
Tim Fisk from Rochester MN wins Golden Ticket
Tim Fisk defeated Jeremy Grossman to take home the (giant) trophy and the coveted $10,000 FPN Poker Pro package in the "Golden Ticket" National Final. It was a rollercoaster headsup match, with Jeremy starting with a 2-1 chip lead. Tim gained control early, only to lose back the lead, and then finally retake the lead for good. The final table was dominated by Minnesota players. Tim qualified out of Brothers Bar & Grill in Rochester, MN.
1. Tim Fisk - FPN Poker Pro package
First Ever $1,000 Royal Flush Winner
It has finally happened! Matt Wolff from Spicer, MN who plays in leagues all of the state of MN, has done it! Matt scratched off the Royal Flush to qualify for the Golden Ticket National Championship AND WIN $1,000 in cold hard cash! Every scratch poker card has the chance of winning $1,000 instantly and Matt was lucky enough to get the A-K-Q-J-10 of hearts. It took all seven attempts as Matt said he was open ended with the K-Q-J-10. On his last attempt he started scratching and saw a red ace. He was now down to a 50/50 with the ace of diamonds giving him nothing just missing out and the ace of hearts landing him a thousand bucks. After continued scratching to reveal the ace of hearts Matt said his hands were shaking and he almost started hyperventilating not believing his luck. It just goes to prove at any night in the poker league you could be the next $1,000 instant winner!
- Steve Lenz Wins Monthly Drawing for 2 Pair or Better
- Marilyn Bodin Wins National TOC Tournament
- MN Qualifies 16 to Golden Ticket National Championship
- Two Minnesotans Win a WSOP Seat
- 17 Winners in MN Heading to Vegas or Bust Championship
- Vegas or Bust State Final Preview - May 5th
- "Golden Ticket" Contest Details
- State Championship Tournament Coming Soon!